Dorota Oleś – passionate linguist, marketing translator, subtitler, editor and the founder of przeTŁUMACZ
A native Polish marketing translator, subtitler and editor based in Poland. I enable American and Spanish companies, LSPs and individuals to reach their Polish-speaking audience through translating English and Spanish content.
I’m also a passionate linguist (I speak 5 languages), skier and traveler. In my free time, I like travelling and meeting new people, reading detective novels, doing crosswords, and skiing in winter.
I graduated in Spanish Translation and Interpreting, and did a Postgradute Diploma for Translators of Specialized Texts in Polish and Spanish. After graduation, I decided to become an independent translator and in 2020 I founded my translation business przeTŁUMACZ.
I LOVE TRANSLATING BECAUSE IT WINDS ME UP.
Translation services in Polish I can provide you with:
- translation / transcreation,
- copy editing,
- transcription of recordings.
Why work with me
1. Client-oriented approach
Your needs and satisfaction of my translation services are my priority. I want the whole process to be 100% clear to you so you can ask me anything.
Translation services I offer are 100% tailored to your needs. When working on marketing content for you, I keep in mind the purpose of the text and your audience. This means I will help you reach your target market by using the right style and tone of voice, and terminology suggested by you.
You can see testimonials from my clients.
I am at your disposal throughout the project and after delivering it.
I meet deadlines, I pay attention to detail and I am accurate.
2. Translation background
● I hold an MA in Spanish Translation and Interpreting. Also I studied a postgraduate diploma for Translators of Specialized Texts in Polish and Spanish. This background showcases you that I have all the essential skills and knowledge to provide you with translation services.
● In 2016, I passed DELE Spanish Diploma Level C1 in Instituto Cervantes in Cracow. DELE Spanish Diploma certifies a non-native Spanish speaker’s command of Spanish at a certain level. In my case, it’s Effective Operational Proficiency. For more info about DELE go to https://www.dele.org/.
● In 2009, I passed an FCE exam.
● I have 3+ years of expertise as an English and Spanish translator, including 1+ year as a English and Spanish subtitler. So far I have worked on texts of various fields like sports, business, travel & hospitality, politics, and linguistics. I have translated / transcreated information brochures, flyers, business cards, product and service descriptions, blog posts, social media and website content.
● Translating is my real passion. That’s why every project is a pleasant challenge I am 100% involved in. I fulfill myself by finding the right words to transmit the message into other language so that it creates the desired impact.
2. Constant language improvement
● Having been to England and Spain, and having known the culture of native English and Spanish speakers also matters. Thanks to these experiences, I understand better the texts I translate. This, in turn, allows me to provide you with a high-quality and accurate translation.
● As languages and the translation industry constantly evolve, it’s essential for all the linguists and translators to continuously develop. To be up-to-date with the industry products and new trends, I attend various translation-related events, workshops and conferences.
3. Client-oriented approach
- Your needs and satisfaction of my translation services are my priority. I want the whole process to be 100% clear to you so you can ask me anything you need.
- Translation services I offer are 100% tailored to your needs. When working on a content for you I keep in mind the purpose of the text and your audience. I will help you reach your target market by using the right style, tone of voice and terminology suggested by you.
- You can see testimonials from my clients.
- I am at your disposal throughout the project and after delivering it.
- I meet deadlines, I pay attention to detail and I am accurate.
My way to becoming a marketing translator
Foreign languages have always fascinated me. My adventure with languages started with English, like in case of the majority of people born in the 90’s; I had English classes in a primary school. Learning this language was so interesting that I participated in many competitions. Later on, I improved my English skills in a language school and during trips abroad (trips with friends, a language camp, student exchange programs).
Three years later, I started learning French in a DELF class (doubled number of French classes). The name comes from a French language exam DELF (diplôme de la langue française). As French was another language I loved, I continued learning it the next 9 years, at school and university.
At the university, I started learning Russian and Spanish. I have always known that Spanish is a beautiful language, but never thought it would impress me so much. I decided to do a Master in Spanish Translation and Interpreting.
It was in that time at the university when I actually translated my first documents. After many years of learning various languages, and a few years of translating, I realized I wanted to be a translator in the future. To do so I continued my academic education and studied in a Postgraduate Diploma for Translators of Specialized Texts in Polish and Spanish.
Working as a marketing translator
During the internships in Poland and abroad, I had an opportunity to make use of my language and translation skills. This was a very enriching experience.
Then, I worked as a freelance English translator for about 6 months. I was translating general and marketing English texts into Polish, and writing copies in Polish related to banking sector, and fashion and food industries.
Since 3 years, I have translated English and Spanish marketing content into Polish, i.e., information brochures, leaflets, social media and website content, business cards, etc., related to running, tourism and hospitality. I have also subtitled TED Talks from English and Spanish into Polish since 2021. Apart from that, I have edited Polish copies. More about my services.
In 2020, I started my translation business przeTŁUMACZ, as I wanted to work as an independent translator. Since then, I have translated more than 42.000 words, and worked with individuals and companies.
If you have any questions regarding my translation services, you can contact me via email, Messenger or LinkedIn.